Crowded House has always been a favourite band of ours, especially the song Four Seasons in One Day, written about Melbourne, Australia and its ever-changing weather. Though it could just as well have been written about Llangennith, Gower.
We are not making apologies for the fact that it rains here; and this July it’s rained quite a lot as it has all over the UK, but it hasn’t stopped us or the many visitors getting out and about. Perhaps the saying is right: there’s no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong attire!
Yesterday, during a wonderful three hour walk from the house and back we didn’t have to don our waterproofs once and here’s a checklist of what we saw:
- the cleanest, bluest-greenest sea tipped with the whitest waves surging through the limestone arch at Blue Pool Bay
- amazing clouds rolling in across the expanse of Rhossili Bay
- people taking in the bird life at the tidal island of Burry Holms
- families playing boules on the beach near Spaniard Rocks
- wind-kiters skimming the waves and almost taking off at Llangennith
- hundreds of jelly fish on the shoreline
- children learning to surf in the shelter of Broughton Bay at high tide
- friendly walkers on the beautiful Burrows
And more shades of green than are imaginable. So just make sure you pack for Gower.